Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Jennifer advises a variety of clients, including not-for-profit institutions, private companies, and financial institutions. She has experience advising on a wide range of business agreements, including partnership agreements, consulting and services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and distribution agreements.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jennifer spent several years in the personal financial services industry, dispensing advice regarding domestic and international investment opportunities.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Other Business Transactions
- Acted for the founder of a company which assists leading Canadian companies with IT management consulting services in connection with its sale to a U.S. purchaser for a purchase price of $5 million.
- Acted for the founder of a food manufacturing business in connection with the sale of the business to Ace Bakery.
- Acted for the founder of a technology company in connection with the strategic sale of the business to a much larger U.S. company for a purchase price of $1 million.
- Acting for the founders of a clothing design and manufacturing company in connection with the sale of a 50% stake in the company to a strategic private equity investor for a purchase price of $2.1 million.
- Acted for a manufacturer of weight loss devices on various commercial matters (including a contract negotiation with NBC) and private M&A transactions involving the preparation of disposition and acquisition documents and coordination with regulatory authorities.
- Advised a US based provider of complete web video solutions and technology for corporations, media organizations, and government agencies, in connection with its acquisition by a listed US based provider of software products and solutions for distributing video content through internet websites and mobile devices, for a consideration of USD 9.76m.
- Counseled a client in establishing a Solar Energy Operator with equity investments of up to $118,500,000 by a Canadian private wealth fund, a prominent Canadian conglomerate, a private equity fund and its private clients. Acted as corporate counsel to the Solar Energy Operator after its creation.
- Assisted a global designer and manufacturer of space hardware and its subsidiary, with an equity investment in the subsidiary by a major Madrid-based satellite operator and service provider. The transaction was completed by way conversion of debt, the roll-in of certain assets, and the investment of cash. The aggregate amount invested was $55,555,555.
- Acted as local Canadian counsel in the sale to a group of private equity funds of a company providing whole car auctions and related services to the vehicle remarketing industry in North America. The total transaction value, including the assumption or refinancing of approximately $700 million of debt, was approximately $3.7 billion.
- Assisted in the acquisition by two prominent insurance companies of all of the units of a public real estate investment trust and a post-closing internal reorganization of the entities. The purchase price was approximately $265 million and the enterprise value was approximately $410 million. The transaction was the first acquisition of a REIT by a Canadian life insurance company.
- Acted in connection with the successful completion of the sale of the magnet wire operations in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada of our client.
- Represented several Canadian companies and U.S. multinationals in connection with numerous private share and asset purchase transactions, acting on behalf of both vendors and purchasers.
- Successful completion of various minor private placements involving Canadian businesses.
- Coordinated the incorporation, continuance and amalgamation of various Canadian private companies.
- Acted for a Schedule II bank with respect to several commercial loans ranging from $1,000,000 to $25,000,000.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to a U.S. national bank and a private equity fund in connection with a loan to a group of companies that specializes in the repair and overhaul of aircraft brakes, wheel assemblies, tire replacements, landing gear and other mechanical components.
- Acted for Canada’s leading independent manager of investment grade, senior secured loans with respect to a loan to a prominent restaurant group.
- Acted for Integrated Private Debt Fund IV LP in connection with a $29,000,000 senior secured term loan to fund a portion of the acquisition by Radiant Logistics, Inc. of Wheels Group Inc.
- Acted for a facility maintenance company in connection with a $20-million credit facility with a Schedule II bank and a syndicate of lenders.
- Provided corporate advice to the Solar Energy Operator in a financing in which the borrower entered into a credit agreement with a syndicate of lenders, pursuant to which the lenders agreed to establish a $58 million senior secured loan facility in favour of the borrower to finance the acquisition, development and operation of approximately 95 solar photovoltaic (PV) rooftop facilities.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to a global retailer in connection with several re-financings, the last of which involved a €200 million asset-based revolver and a $60 million senior tranche B facility.
- Researched and advised on several issues in relation to the regulation of limited liability partnerships cross-Canada.
- Researched and advised on privacy law compliance.
- Researched and advised on several issues relating to non-share charitable corporations.
- Researched and advised on issues relating to the importation and exportation of cultural property and the provenance of cultural artefacts and specimens.
- Researched and advised on issues relating to the regulation and issuance of liquor licenses.
- Advised various clients with respect to day-to-day general corporate and legal matters, including the negotiation and drafting of privacy policies, service agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, indemnity agreements, set-off agreements.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- M&A Award for Best Canadian Logistics Acquisition, Acquisition International, 2016
- Deal of The Year Award – Best Banking & Debt Finance Advisory – Canada & Best Boutique Law Firm, Acquisition International, 2015
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar - 2002
- LL.B., University Of Ottawa (Cum Laude), 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Ottawa (Magna Cum Laude), 1998
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
Jenn, who is originally from the Maritimes, lives in the Beach with her husband David and her daughter Katherine. Jenn has enjoyed making connections in the community since moving to the Beach in 2012, in part through volunteering at an overnight shelter for the Out of the Cold program, fostering dogs through Save Our Scruff Rehome & Rescue and her involvement at Balmy Beach Community School.
Jenn enjoys downhill skiing in the winter and cycling, gardening and taking advantage of the beach in the summer. Jenn has always been an animal lover, and can often be seen in the company of the family golden doodle, Lula, and the new rescue/foster fail, Gracie.
In addition, Jenn has a real passion for real estate. She has applied her project management skills to a number of home renovations and redecorating projects over the years, including the renovation of two downtown condominiums, a complete remodel of her Beach home and a condominium currently under construction in Collingwood. Jenn loves to travel and looks forward to seeing more of the world in the very near future.
Drag & drop content here. If you don't insert any content here, this area will be hidden once the site is published